Tips For Cleaning Your Office
Tips For Cleaning Your Office During COVID-19
- Posted by Admin
- 30 Sep 2020
With the threat of COVID-19 still hanging over our heads, now more than ever it is important that your workplace is kept clean and sanitized. Let’s take a look at some of the simple steps you can take to stay safe and clean at the office.
How to Clean & Disinfect Your Space
There are some everyday steps that you can take to clean and disinfect your workplace when any member of staff has been ill and these should be carried forward into working to help keep Coronavirus out of the workplace wherever possible. Try to keep these tips on board:
- Wear disposable gloves when cleaning & disinfecting
- Surfaces should be cleaned with soap & water then disinfected
- The frequency of cleaning should be increased based on the level of use
- Pay special attention to high touch surfaces like door handles, light switches, phones, toilets, faucets, sinks, tables, and keyboards
- Make sure the disinfectant used is successful against SARs-CoV-2 – the CDC has a complete list of suitable options HERE
Cleaning Soft Surfaces
It can be a little more difficult to keep soft furnishings such as carpets, rugs, cushions, and drapes clean and free from the risk of COVID-19 contamination. You should continue to vacuum carpets and rugs as per your usual schedule and where possible launder items according to the manufacturer’s guidelines and using the hottest water possible. Where it is not possible to launder items, you should surface clean them with soap and water, taking care to follow manufacturer instructions. You can also use the same disinfectant as listed above.